Vastu for Marriage Halls / Banquet Halls
Nowadays marriage premises, banquet halls or marriage gardens are taken on rent for the marriage and other small family functions due to growing population and shrinking place in the houses. Marriage premises equipped with all the amenities are being constructed from small towns to the metros of the country due to their increasing use. It has been observed that some of these are always booked for some or other function while some are booked seldom in spite of being equipped with all the amenities.
The marriage premises are airy, open and the functions held are graceful if the following Vastu principles are followed at the time of construction. The guests praise the family arranging the function and the owner of the premises gets attractive returns on his investment.
- The plot for the marriage premises should be right-angled and, in the centre, or easily accessible place of the city.
- The level of the plot should be either uniform or higher in the east, north and northeast zone and lower in the west, south and southwest zone.
- The underground water source for the premises should be in the east, north or northeast zone. There are many troubles if the underground water source is kept in any other direction. Overhead water tank of the premises should be in the south or west.
- The lawn of the premises should be in the east, north or northeast zone. This place is suitable for the functions too. Hence ample open space should be left in the east and north of the plot. A small temple can also be constructed in this region, if required.
- The construction of the building in the marriage premises should be done in the southwest zone and the rooms therein should be right-angled. They should never be odd shaped. Toilet and bathroom can also be constructed with these rooms, but these should never be constructed in the northeast zone of the room.
- Maximum windows of the building of the marriage premises should be in the east or north. They should be minimum in the west and south direction.
- The staircase should be in the west, south or southwest zone with a right-hand turn while ascending, in the building of the premises.
- The guest rooms of the building in the premises should be in the west or northwest zone.
- Storeroom should be in the west or southwest zone.
- The place for the generator, motor and other electrical appliances should be in the southeast zone.
- Toilets can be constructed in the west, north or northwest zone. Never construct toilet in the northeast zone.
- Main entrance of the marriage premises should be in the east of the northeast zone, south of the southeast zone, west of the northwest zone or north of the northeast zone. It should never be in the east of the southeast zone, south of the southwest zone, west of the southwest zone or north of the northwest zone.